Bonds of Fire Review

Bonds of Fire - Sophie Duncan

4 STAR RATING

Synopsis

Drekken is a dragon warrior. Bonded to his dragon, Miri, together they lead a squadron of fliers. His fliers respect him, his enemies fear him, his reputation precedes him. Yet, nothing in his life could have prepared Drekken for his greatest challenge: babysitting.

Stranded after a deadly battle, separated from his squadron and Miri, Drekken finds himself the only hope for two young empaths and their nursery group of hatchlings. He must lead them all to safety and, along the way, discover some truths about himself.

Bonds of Fire is a fantasy novella that contains an m/m romance

...nom nom.

Dragon

My Review

4 Stars

I must say that I very much enjoyed this short story...as that's what it is...a short story, a VERY short story. There was so much packed into this novella that it definitely had the potential to be a full length novel. Even though things were a little crammed in I didn't feel that the romance elements were rushed in any way just that they weren't explored in very much depth. This is a M/M romance novella, however, it is very tame compared to a lot of other stories out there, especially when compared to some of the ones I have read before *blush*. There is no sex, nothing graphic or explicit, just a bit of flirting...perhaps a little kissing, but that's about it. The attraction between the male characters is very obvious and so if a man lusting after another man makes you feel a little queasy then definitely stay away from this one.

I enjoyed this story so much that I would not hesitate reading a sequel if it were to become available, perhaps even three installments that could be put together to make into a full length novel...just some suggestions there *hint* *hint*.

The story itself takes you, the reader, on a wonderful fantasy filled adventure...where there be DRAGONS! I love Dragons...any mystical creature fascinates me and this story has the 'cute' factor, little baby dragons, families made where humans and dragons are combined, love, friendship, compassion and an invitation to brand new, exciting worlds.

Highly recommended from me...I just wish it was longer.